Today it’s great to have Paige Harden on the podcast. Dr. Harden is a professor of clinical psychology at the University of Texas at Austin, where is the director of the Developmental Behavior Genetics lab and co-director of the Texas Twin Project. Her new book is called The Genetic Lottery: Why DNA Matters for Social Equality.
· Heritability does not imply determinism
· What is the value of the heritability coefficient?
· Nature and nurture are always intertwined
· Genes, giftedness, and responsibility
· Separating individual differences from hierarchy
· Genetics as a tool for social policy
· Can we systematically improve general intelligence?
· Prioritizing self-actualization in education
· Group differences data, racism, inequality
· Anti-eugenics and the great synthesis
· Polygenic scores: evaluations, correlations, and applications